4 Commercial Fire Safety Tips For The Summer
If you’re looking for a commercial sprinkler system that will work to protect the safety of you and your loved ones, you’ve come to the right place. Sprinkler systems in residential areas in and around Brooklyn, NY are very complex, specialized, and are a part of the NYC standard fire code. Always working to keep you safe, Allstate Sprinkler, LLC is your go-to team if you live in or around the Brooklyn area for any of your commercial or residential fire sprinkler installations, inspections, and repairs.
Be safe and responsible by always taking the correct precautions during a fire hazard. Stay vigilant, and learn what you can do to find safety from a fire, before it’s too late. It’s always important to stay prepared for any type of emergency, and beat the ready ready.
A Few Tips to Remember:
1. Stop what you’re doing, and go: When it comes to a commercial fire in Brooklyn, timing is everything. If you find yourself in a commercial fire, do not take the time to collect any of your personal belongings. Time is precious, and the most important thing is to use it in order to get out of the building as soon as possible. Take the proper precautions necessary as you find the easiest access to an exit out.
2. Do not use any elevators: There are many buildings located in Brooklyn and throughout the city that have access to elevators for an easy exit; however, it’s very important that during an emergency such as a commercial fire, you should take the stairs as an emergency exit. This will help to prevent people from being trapped or wasting time waiting for an elevator. A fire will not wait for you, so you should not waste time waiting for the elevator; take the stairs or nearest fire escape available to you.
3. Follow the emergency action plan (EAP): It’s very important that if you’re working in a commercial building in Brooklyn or anywhere in NYC, that you know the set emergency exit plan for your location. It’s important that every person knows and follows the EAP, for in an emergency fire situation, chances are that crowding can occur when trying to find the exit. Following the EAP will help to ensure that you and everyone around you get out of the commercial building as quickly and efficiently as possible.
4. Stop, drop, & roll: If you ever find yourself in a fire situation that you can’t get yourself out of, remember these three words. Remember, hot air rises. If you’ve found yourself in a room that is filling up with smoke and you’re finding it difficult to breathe, you should get on your hands and knees and crawl to the nearest exit. The lower you are to the ground, the easier it will become to breathe. Through the rolling action, you’ll be able to take out a fire that may have caught onto your clothes.
Our services include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Complete installations and alterations of fire sprinkler and standpipe systems
• Prompt correction of all fire department violations
• Five year hydrostatic pressure tests, emergency service and repairs
• Fire pump testing and installations
• Fire extinguisher sales and service
• All fire safety products and equipment
Our commitment is to assist you with all of your commercial fire protection needs this summer. If you think there may be a problem with your commercial sprinkler system, contact us at Allstate, and we will send in the best of the best to help you fix you system as quickly as possible. Call us at: 718.597.4060.