There are many stadiums from which to check out concerts and sporting events year-round. Here are just a few you may want to check out.
- Carnesecca Arena (near Union Turnpike and 174th Street) is a 5,602-seat multi-purpose arena in the borough of Queens, built in 1961.
- Belson Stadium (near Union Turnpike and 176th Street) is a soccer-specific stadium located along Utopia Parkway.
- Jack Kaiser Stadium (near Utopia Parkway and 80th Drive) is a baseball stadium located on the campus St. John’s University near the neighborhood of Jamaica and Fresh Meadows.
With a strong education system to serve the youth of New York, there are many schools in and around Queens NY.
- Forest Hills High School which is on 67-01 110th Street, New York.
- Stuyvesant High School which is on 345 Chambers Street, New York.
- John Bowne High School which is on 63-25 Main Street, Flushing.
- Townsend Harris High School which is on 149-11 Melbourne Avenue.
- Grover Cleveland High School which is on 2127 Himrod Street.
- Pascack Valley High School which is on 200 Piermont Avenue.
- Robert F. Kennedy Community High School (near Parsons Boulevard and 76th Avenue).
Parks are a great way to take the family out for some inexpensive fun.
- Flushing Meadows Corona Park.
- Kissena Park which is on Kissena Blvd and, Booth Memorial Avenue.
- Cunningham Park which is on 196-10 Union Turnpike.
- Kissena Corridor Park which is on 47-67 Colden Street.
- Detective Keith L. Williams Park which is on Liberty Ave &, 173rd Street.
- Pomonok Playground which is on Kissena Blvd. &, 65th Avenue.
- Kissena Corridor Park which is on 189-05 Underhill Avenue.
With a plethora of museums a short drive from Queens, hours of fun is sure to be had for all the family.
- Kupferberg Holocaust Center @ Queensborough Community College which is on 222-05 56th Avenue.
- Queens Historical Society which is on 14335 37th Avenue.
- King Manor Museum which is on 150-03 Jamaica Avenue.
- Fred Trump Childhood Home which is on 175-24 Devonshire Road.
- The Ramones Way which is on 67-1 110th Street.
By CaptJayRuffins – Own work, CC BY-SA 4.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=74741558