By definition, it is impossible to make any building completely fireproof. But, let’s give this a little bit of thought; because we all need to be sure we are taking the proper steps in order to prevent fire hazards within our home and workplace.
Whether you’re working at a hospital, real estate management firm, or a school, there is always a risk of fire. It’s important to take the right precautions in order to prevent a fire.
Fire prevention in your workplace consists of 4 steps:
- Implement a program that includes proportion, prevention, and recognition of fire hazards.
- Make sure you practice proper handling of combustible and flammable material.
- Maintain safe housekeeping practices that reduce the risk of fire danger.
- Always keep adequate fire sprinkler in your work area to extinguish fire before it goes out of control
General Safety Measures
- Don’t pile or lay any material in a way that covers or blocks access to firefighting equipment
- Make sure to use only approved containers for the separation and disposal of combustible refuse. Remember to always replace the lid.
- Never store flammable materials within 10ft. of a building or other structure.
- Stack and pile all materials in orderly and stable piles
- Never let unnecessary combustible materials get accumulated in any part of your work area.
- More periodic clean-up of entire work site and keep grass and weeds under control
- Regularly dispose of combustible debris and scrap from your work area
- Use only approved containers and tanks for storage, handling, and transport of combustible and flammable liquid
- Always perform evaluation procedures before performing operations that present fire hazards like wielding
Allstate Sprinkler Corp. is an emergency based fire sprinkler contractor in New York City that knows how to handle any and all emergency situations. With Allstate, we recommend that you always stay aware of your fire safety systems; they’ll work for you to help prevent any serious fire emergencies and the damage it can leave behind for your Real Estate Management Firm.