Five Facts About Fire Sprinklers
Fire sprinklers protect lives and property. To ensure a proper design and effective operation, always work with a trained and competent fire sprinkler system installation contractor like Allstate Sprinklers. From time to time “do-it-yourself” articles or kits appear that encourage consumers to install their own automatic fire sprinkler systems. The American Fire Sprinkler Association “strongly discourages the installation of fire sprinkler systems by people who have not been trained in the proper installation of fire sprinklers. Fire sprinklers should always be installed in accordance with standards of the National Fire Protection Association using approved and/or listed materials.”
- Automatic fire sprinklers have been in use in the U.S. since 1874.
- Fire sprinklers are widely recognized as the single most effective method for fighting the spread of fires in their early stages – before they can cause severe injury to people and damage to property.
- When one fire sprinkler head goes off to fight a fire the entire sprinkler system does NOT activate. Sprinklers react to temperatures in individual rooms.
- The chances of a fire sprinkler accidentally going off are extremely remote.
- Installation of fire sprinklers can provide discounts on insurance premiums.
An efficient and effective fire sprinkler system uses as much as 90 percent less water than using fire hoses, too. Early intervention in a fire by an expertly installed fire sprinkler system also reduces the amount of damage, debris, and toxins produced in a fire by localizing the fire and its damage.
Fire sprinklers are “first responders” to a fire while it is still small, controlling the spread of deadly heat, flames and toxic smoke – whether or not the occupants have been able to respond to the signaling smoke alarm. Fire sprinklers provide a life-saving cushion of time to escape a fire.
Allstate Sprinkler Corporation is the most reliable, responsive and respected fire sprinkler contractors in Queens and throughout the New York City metropolitan area. Allstate Sprinklers is committed to assist you with all of your commercial and residential fire protection needs. Our services include:
- complete design-build abilities for installation
- alterations and repairs of fire sprinkler and fire standpipe systems
- NFPA 25 inspection and testing services
- Local Law 26 evaluation and compliance
- prompt correction of all FDNY violations
- 5-year hydrostatic pressure tests of sprinkler and standpipe connections
- emergency service and repairs
- fire pump installations, testing and repairs
- fire extinguisher sales and recharging; and all fire safety related products and equipment.
If you need emergency assistance, Allstate Sprinkler Corp is a 24-hou emergency fire suppression contractor in New York City. Contact us today at 718-597-4060.
Allstate Sprinklers Corp. are experts in commercial fire sprinkler system installation. If you have any questions pertaining to commercial fire sprinkler installation, residential fire sprinkler systems, fire system installations, fire system repairs, fire department sprinkler testing, 5 year standpipe test, sprinkler system inspection in NYC, Manhattan, Bronx NY, Brooklyn NY, Queens NY, or Long Island, contact Allstate Sprinklers Corp. at: (718) 597-4060.