NFPA 25 has numerous points for weekly visual inspection. It expects building occupants or owners to perform these weekly inspections. This may also require a weekly fire pump churn test, if applicable.
You can perform the weekly visual inspections yourself, or Allstate Sprinkler can perform them for you. Maintaining records of these inspections can significantly help you if you receive a violation. We maintain all records of every fire sprinkler inspection in NYC and the surrounding areas, and can provide both hard copies and digital records upon request by the FDNY.
Monthly inspections are more in depth than the weekly regimen and we maintain all records of these on file to comply with FDNY requirements.
In addition to the weekly inspection regimen, the monthly inspection includes, but is not limited to the visual inspection of the following components:
- Control valves’ locks and/or tamper-evident seals and switches.
- Air pressure and temperature alarms.
- All gauges, including wet, dry, pre-action and deluge systems
- All alarm valves.
- Automatic tank fill valves.
- All dry pipe valves and their heated enclosures.
- Spare parts cabinet including replacement/spare sprinkler heads with the correct temperature rating and sprinkler head replacement wrench.
- Tank water level(s) and temperature.
- Fire department connection(s).
- Backflow device.
- Booster and jockey pumps.
Quarterly inspections include all of the monthly inspection requirements in addition to a much more detailed visual and hands-on testing regimen. The quarterly fire sprinkler inspection now includes confirming adequate pressure readings and testing water flow and tamper switches. Post indicating valves and priming levels must also be tested and drain tests for backflow devices need to be performed. The fire sprinkler riser will also be inspected to ensure that the hydraulic nameplate, if applicable, is attached and legible.
The annual inspection includes all monthly and quarterly points but has a few additional requirements. All components of the system(s) are visually inspected, potential obstructions are identified, and an assessment is made to determine if the requirements of the system have changed. Each sprinkler control valve is tested, pumps are operated and water flow is measured.
Every fifth year, an internal obstruction assessment is performed during the annual test.
Common Questions About Fire Sprinkler Inspections
- Q: Do I Have a Reliable Fire Sprinkler Company Near Me?
- A: Yes! We’re a family-owned business and proud to be an integral part of NYC for the past 50 years. With over 5,000 satisfied customers and outstanding outline ratings, we are proud to serve and live in NYC.
- Q: What If the Fire Department Cites Me for a Violation?
- A: We perform emergency repair calls 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you have your system repaired immediately, you can often have the fine reduced or eliminated and avoid further violations.
Allstate Sprinkler Is an NYC Institution
We’re the leading fire sprinkler service in the greater New York area. Why?
- Five decades of experience.
- We are well respected by the FDNY.
- Our inspection team is fully certified and experienced an extensive apprenticeship program.
Other fire sprinkler contractors simply dontt have the experience or the commitment to customer satisfaction that we provide. We’ve grown from a mom-and-pop operation into NYC’s most trusted fire suppression professionals because no other company shares our dedication to customer satisfaction.
We receive positive reviews from building managers because we respond to your needs. Read our reviews and compare them to others. Transparency and keeping you informed is one of our proudest accomplishments.
How to Contact Us
If you have a violation, don’t wait. Please call us now or fill out the form below. We want to save you money, save lives and protect your property.