- Van Nest is to the north.
- Parkchester is to the south-east.
- Morris Park is to the north-east.
- East Tremont is 1 mile to the west.
- Fordham is 2 miles to the north-west.
- Tremont is 2 miles to the west.
- Morrisania is 2 miles to the south-west.
- Hunts Point is 2 miles to the south-west.
- University Heights is 2 miles to the north-west.
- Yonkers is 6miles to the north.
- Queens is 14 miles to the south-east.
- Staten Island is 23 miles to the south-west.
- Brooklyn is 14 miles to the south.
- Manhattan is 6 miles to the south-west.
There are many stadiums from which to check out concerts and sporting events year-round. Here are just a few you may want to check out.
- Jack Coffey Field which is on 441 East Fordham Road.
- Rocco B. Commisso Soccer Stadium which is on 533 West 218th Street.
- Van Cortlandt Stadium which is on North, U.S. 9.
- Yankee Stadium which is the home field for the New York Yankees and is on 1 E 161 St, Bronx, NY 10451.
With a strong education system to serve the youth of New York, there are many schools in and around the Bronx.
- Herbert H Lehman High School which is on 3000 East Tremont Avenue.
- Westchester Square Academy which is on 3000 East Tremont Avenue.
- Validus Preparatory Academy which is on 1595 Bathgate Avenue.
- Fordham High School-The Arts which is on 500 East Fordham Road.
- Mott Hall Bronx High School which is on 1595 Bathgate Avenue.
- Monsignor Scanlan High School which is on 915 Hutchinson River Parkway.
Parks are a great way to take the family out for some inexpensive fun.
- Van Nest Park which is on Van Nest Avenue.
- Wood Park which is on Wood Avenue.
- Owen F. Dolen Park which is on 2551 Westchester Square.
- Virginia Park which is on 1878 Cross Bx Service Road South.
- River Garden which is on 1086 East 180th Street.
- Mohegan Triangle which is on E 179th St &, Mohegan Avenue.
With a plethora of museums a short drive from anywhere, hours of fun is sure to be had for all the family.
- Enid A. Haupt Conservatory which is on Haupt Conservatory, Bronx Park Road.
- Bronx Council on the Arts which is on 2700 East Tremont Avenue.
Image by Jim.henderson – Own work, CC0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=8452272